eSight has revealed its fourth-generation (eSight 4) wearable assistive device for enhancing vision in those with eye disease and disorders. New features of the wireless, hands-free device include improved auto-focus, advanced controls such as zoom, focus, and contrast, and two high-resolution screens for a full binocular vision that integrates with the user’s prescription lenses. The eSight 4 is available through a growing number of Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, distributors specializing in low vision assistive technology, and at www.eSightEyewear.com.
What eye conditions do eSight users have?
eSight’s wearable assistive device is clinically validated to enhance vision for those who are living with eye disease and disorders that lead to low vision and legal blindness. The eSight 4 sets a unique standard for enhanced vision technology by providing even greater visual clarity, a more versatile hardware design to empower mobility and all-day use, and includes new advanced cloud-based capabilities and mobile apps.
Used daily by people with over 20 different eye conditions, eSight’s electronic eyewear enhances vision for people living with central vision loss, blurry vision, blind spots, and more. eSight users commonly live with low vision due to conditions below. A typical eSight user has visual acuity of 20/60 to 20/800 but some have up to 20/1400.
eSight launched as an unbelievable breakthrough in technology, and has since moved to a clinically validated solution for people living with eye disease and disorders that’s widely acclaimed by leading low vision medical professionals. While the technology continues to advance, our mission remains the same: to create a more inclusive world and empower the low vision community to see new possibilities.Robert Vaters, CEO and President of eSight
How is eSight 4 different from eSight 3?
eSight 4 builds upon the progress of eSight 3, which was named one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions. Since that time, thousands of users have joined eSight’s community living with visual acuities from 20/60 to 20/1400 (perfect vision is 20/20) caused by more than 20 different eye conditions including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and Stargardt’s disease.
The eSight 4 is priced at $5,950 — the same as eSight 3 — with the option of $99 per month financing. Two magnetically detachable batteries are included in the package, along with a USB cable, power adapter, and carrying case. The company says typical users have between 20/60 and 20/800 visual acuity, with some up to 20/1400 acuity, across over 20 different eye conditions, ranging from cataracts to macular degeneration, optic atrophy, and retinal detachment.
eSight’s vision-enhancing technology works by stimulating the remaining synaptic activity in the user’s eyes to provide the brain with increased visual information. Using the same clinically validated principles, eSight 4 incorporates extensive research and feedback from users to bring new advancements in three key areas:
Greater Visual Acuity: The new eSight 4 combines the best-matched camera, lens, and screens that are backed by powerful custom software so the user can see more clearly and in greater detail.
- More powerful software capabilities including improved auto-focus, applauded by early wearers, and 2x the maximum brightness.
- Advanced controls that continue to allow wearers to take control of their vision with 24X zoom, focus, and contrast, but now also include custom viewing modes.
- Two high-resolution screens (1280×960) for a full binocular vision that integrates with the user’s own prescription lenses to enable even greater visual clarity.
New Hardware Design for Greater Mobility: eSight 4 is the most mobile and versatile device that moves seamlessly with the wearer’s lifestyle, whether reading or out on the go.
- Wireless and hands-free, the eSight 4 head-mounted device includes easy to use built-in controls for true freedom and active living.
- Thoughtfully designed, the new eSight 4 halo band with easy-swap back-battery perfectly distributes the weight for all-day comfort and use.
- eSight 4 maintains its patented bioptic tilt feature, which allows users to see what’s in front of them using eSight, and keep what’s around them using their remaining peripheral vision.
Now Cloud-Based with New Mobile Apps: Leveraging the best of today’s digital possibilities, eSight 4 provides advanced capabilities in terms of community, support, entertainment, and connectivity.
- An eSight exclusive feature shared accounts allows users to invite loved ones, or eSight support, to securely see what they see and help customize their experience.
- Using the mobile app, users can view their mobile screen on their eSight, where they can freeze and zoom to see the details, watch video streaming on their phone on their eSight, and save and share photos and videos captured on their eSight to the user’s mobile device.
- Cloud-based, users get instant access to the latest features, which sets the stage for new possibilities for innovative community and adaptive learning capabilities.
#eSightTogether & eSight Workplace
During the crisis, eSight launched #eSightTogether, an online resource for the low vision community as they learn to navigate through their new aspects of daily living amid the COVID-19 outbreak. The resource contains a list of the most pertinent resources for people with visual impairments to stay informed with COVID-19 and access useful tools for managing during this stressful time.
The company also launched eSight Workplace, a COVID-19 program providing an electronic vision device that brings an organization’s remotely accessible technology into the employee’s device screen that they can see and control. The initiative was aimed to help low-vision employees remain productive during the crisis.
The eSight Workplace program includes the gold standard of remote deployment, 1:1 online video training, ongoing wearer support, and device management support. The tools include curated low vision resources, at-home entertainment, educational materials, and apps ideal for social distancing. The new offering is aimed to provide a sense of community to those living with vision loss.
About eSight eyewear
eSight is a leading vision-platform organization with a simple but profound promise: provide individuals living with vision loss the chance to see new possibilities. eSight eyewear is the most advanced and versatile assistive device available for those with visual impairments, most commonly caused by conditions such as macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and Stargardt’s disease. eSight is clinically-proven and registered with the FDA and EUDAMED, and is inspected by Health Canada. Learn more at www.eSightEyewear.com.